The Role: We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our iOS Applications teams.
You will directly influence our players and the experience they have when using our Sportsbook, working in a modern agile environment to deliver software.
Our teams follow a remote first approach and have a mix of people working fully remote and hybrid office/remote. This role is either remote or hybrid based depending on your situation and preference.
Are you our next star player?
As a Senior Software Engineer you will play a crucial role in working on our native iOS app which is written in Swift. We have a strong engineering culture and value principles and practices that deliver a high level of code quality.
You will play a key role in helping define our engineering values as part of a community of likeminded engineers and have a passion for continuously improving our products and Agile ways of working.
Working with the rest of your team, you will often pair with other Software Engineers, review and feedback on code to ensure it meets the high standards we hold ourselves to.
Possessing a desire to work in a team that powers the user experience of a global customer base, you will proactively align yourself with the latest engineering practices and enjoy being part of a strong team culture.
Why we need you?
Reporting directly to the Lead Software Engineer, the Senior Software Engineer will:
- Use features of the iOS platform to ensure the best possible user experience is achieved for our customers
- Understand what it means to work on a truly global product and the idioms of global users
- Work with internationalisation technologies to provide content in all our supported languages, currencies and multi branding
- Apply fundamental UX and accessibility principles to make our products available to all customers.
- Ensure applicable testing has been applied to all levels of our iOS app
- Consider error scenarios to ensure customers have the best experience always
- Proactively staying up to date with latest engineering trends in the iOS and wider ecosystems.
Who we`re looking for?
- You will have significant commercial experience building iOS apps written in Swift
- You are familiar with source control systems such as Git and CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins/GitHub Actions
- Experience of working in a modern agile environment (e.g. Scrum / Kanban
- You will have a passion for improving the User Experience of our Customers
- You have a passion for engineering excellence and a craftsmanship mindset
- Have experience or appreciation of writing and maintaining web services (AWS, TypeScript, Node)
- An understanding of automation and its role in modern software delivery
- Comfortable working collaboratively in a team setting and also independently with good time and prioritisation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Pragmatic with a strong understanding of effort versus business value
- Problem solver with a drive to understand what’s under the hood
What`s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 30 days paid leave
- Health and dental insurance for you, and 50% coverage for your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and income protection
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- 26 weeks Maternity leave at 100% pay & 4 weeks secondary leave pay (paternity) at 100% pay
- Free Gym membership & access to an on-site gym
- Social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
- Online Discount Scheme, including discounted shopping and cinema vouchers.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our Senior iOS Software Engineer role, you will be invited to a zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.