We are looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer to join our busy and dynamic Data Platform team based in our Hyderabad office.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Are you our next star player?
We are building a next generation hybrid platform with an on-premise Hadoop cluster and AWS.
Our team is focused on harnessing the power of real-time processing. Within our team you will work on projects related to fraud prevention, anomaly detection, supporting data science models, and marketing promotions. You will start working on complex projects that will impact the business starting from day one.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Architect, build, and manage real time stream processors using technologies like Apache Flink, Kafka, HBase, HDFS, HIVE and many others
- Leverage your expertise to choose the right technology and proper data design and implementation in various projects and solutions
- Take ownership of complex problems and formulate plans of attack that fit into the existing architecture
- Demonstrate hands-on skills in processing large data sets, expertise in data structure, data access patterns, Big Data concepts, and optimization techniques
- Build robust end-to-end systems with long term maintenance and support
- Communicate effectively to stakeholders
- Architect Machine Learning pipelines to support real-time and batch data science models
Who are we looking for:
- Experience in implementing large scale real-time data projects within a big data environment (5+ years)
- Java programming experience. (5+ years)
- Experience in real-time stream processing in distributed real-time systems with technologies like Flink, and Kafka (3+ years)
- Experience with Hive, SQL and NoSQL databases (3+ years)
- Knowledge of Python, Scala, and LinuxThe ideal candidate will also have
- Experience with streaming technologies
- Experience in any other Hadoop based technologies
- Experience with data migration to a cloud environment
- Knowledge of the gambling industry
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 30 days paid leave• Annual allowance for health and dental services
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 34,000 INR for your new addition whilst working for us
- 26 weeks Maternity leave at 100% pay & 4 weeks secondary leave pay (paternity) at 100% pay
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.