The role: Quantitative Analyst
We are looking for a Quantitative Analyst to join our busy and dynamic Analytics team, to be based in our Hyderabad office.
Why we need you:
Within Data and Analytics, the Analytics Solutions team is going to lead in the area of Data products and Analytical methodologies. We want to promote an insight driven culture across the company, offering advanced services, best practices and knowledge sharing.
- Research or develop methodologies and best practices for analytics across the organization
- Find opportunities for automation and build solutions that enable the business to work smarter and faster
- Be able to model complex problems and to perform large scale simulations
- Explore data to creates business value and provide stakeholder foresight and confidence from data insights and simulations
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Degree in a quantitative area (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science) or equivalent
- Knowledge of the gaming industry
- Experience with large datasets and analysis tools (Python, R, KNIME, or equivalent) and fluency in SQL
- Experience in applying statistical techniques to problems (e.g. hypothesis testing, causal impact, regression analysis, time series analysis, or similar)
- highly numerate individual with a genuine passion for logic problem solving, whilst also having a curious mind, always questioning why.
- ability to think through complex problems and clearly and concisely communicate complex ideas.
The following would be a plus:
- Previous experience in the online gaming industry, or a genuine interest for Poker, Sports or Casino betting
- Strong programmatic ability, ideally with experience of building automated solutions (e.g. GUIs), in any language
- Knowledge and prior use of version control (GitHub, BitBucket etc.)
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
• Discretionary annual performance bonus
• 30 days paid leave
• Annual allowance for health and dental services
• The option to join our company pension scheme
• A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
• Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 34,000 INR for your new addition whilst working for us
• 26 weeks Maternity leave at 100% pay & 4 weeks secondary leave pay (paternity) at 100% pay
• External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Please note we are unable to support visa applications for this particular role.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview and after that an online test. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a Zoom/ face-to-face interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.