The role: We are looking for a French Marketing Planning & Strategy Manager to join Flutter International, working across our PokerStars brands in our Leeds office.
Are you our next star player?
We are searching for a marketing rockstar who can help us develop and ultimately transform our approach to Marketing Strategy for France. Reporting to the Head of Marketing Planning & Strategy, you will be responsible for working hand in hand with commercials teams to develop our proposition for France and translating those propositions into marketing strategies. As PokerStars moves towards a country focused model, you will represent Marketing within the French country Tribe and will collaborate closely with country squad representatives to define, align and monitor the performance of our French marketing strategy. Given the commerciality of this role we are looking for an experienced strategist who is as comfortable with commercial topics as they are marketing and is a renowned collaborator.
Why we need you
With a focus on maintaining our market share and growing our footprint across international markets, an opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and driven marketer to join PokerStars to lead our Marketing Strategy for France. At PokerStars, we know that good marketing relies on a clear understanding of the market and of customer needs. As such, we’re looking for someone who has expert knowledge of the French market and can use this expertise to create a data and insight driven proposition and marketing strategy. Working closely with commercial leads from Poker, Casino, and Sports you will play a central role in defining and implementing a commercial proposition which aligns to PokerStars business strategy and objectives for France. You will support commercial leads in interpreting business and customer insights which will ultimately inform our key propositions for the market. As part of this process, you will identify and monitor country marketing budgets with an ability to advise how and where budgets should be spent. Crucially, you will identify and communicate, through the medium of a business briefs, the role for marketing teams in supporting this proposition. You will work closely and collaboratively with the Marketing Campaigns team to communicate marketing requirements effectively and efficiently and will provide guidance for the campaigns team when required.
As well as working directly with commercial leads, you will represent Marketing within the French country tribe and will lead the French Marketing Squad. Your role within the tribe will be to expertly represent all areas of marketing, with an ability to provide performance updates relating to marketing activities. Within the tribe you will work collaboratively to agree insight and data led updates or changes to the French country strategy and will effectively communicate this to key stakeholders within Marketing. As leader of the French Marketing squad, you will bring together all functions of marketing including brand & creative and media and lead on ensuring our marketing executions are meeting the objectives of our French country strategy.
A final and important key responsibility of this role will be to ensure our commercial proposition and marketing executions remain compliant with the regulations and requirements set out by France’s governing body. You will work with the commercial leads to ensure compliance are aware of and given the opportunity to feedback/advise on any new propositions before they reach the marketing team. Becoming an expert in your understanding of French regulatory affairs, you will also provide guidance to marketing functions with the ability to advise on the validity of our executions.
Given the importance of this role within the Marketing team and wider business, we’re looking for someone who is ideally a native speaker who has significant commercial and marketing strategy experience and who is able to display strong collaboration and communication skills. The successful candidate will be highly organised and will have an ability to multi-task and align multiple stakeholders across different parts of the business effectively.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identify and develop insight & data led commercial Propositions
- Be aware of and monitor marketing spend and ensure our budgets are helping to deliver our country objectives
- Produce business briefs which simply and clearly outline the role of marketing to support our business strategy / proposition
- Work closely with the Marketing campaigns team to effectively hand over the execution of the business brief, providing guidance where required
- Represent Marketing within Country Tribes, provide clear updates on the status and performance of marketing executions
- Work collaboratively within the Tribe to identify updates or changes to country strategy
- Effectively communicate key updates from the Tribes with Marketing stakeholders
- Lead the Marketing country squad ensuring our marketing executions align back to the overall objectives for the country and creating strong, collaborative, and successful relationships between functions
- Ensure that all marketing executions remain compliant and endeavour to become a compliance expert for your relevant market
- Become a key spokesperson and reliable representation for marketing within country specific forums and help build strong working relationships both within Marketing and across the wider business.
Who we’re looking for:
- Ideally a native speaker, or significant experience of the relevant market
- 5+ years’ experience of managing significant projects within a complex organisation within the market
- Commercial acumen and ability to read and interpret business data and insight
- Marketing generalist who has ability to understand and provide helpful input across most areas of marketing
- Experience of managing and monitoring budgets
- Resilient and confident under pressure, comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and track record of managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Creative problem solver with innovative mindset
- Confident and effective communicator, comfortable operating at pace to a high standard, despite requiring the involvement of multiple stakeholders to deliver results
- Actively builds a network of effective relationships across Flutter. Can get things done both through formal channels and informal networks
- Results driven, self-motivated, and solution focused
- Learns quickly when facing new situations. Experiments to find new solutions. Takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and extracts lessons learned from failures or mistakes.
- Bachelors / Masters in relevant disciplines
- Proven track record in commercial / marketing strategy roles
- Strong communication skills - brevity and ability to deliver a clear narrative
- Numerate & Data Savvy: Data driven by default
- Flexible: Adaptable to a changing environment and tactics.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 30 days paid leave
- Health and dental insurance for you, and 50% coverage for your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and income protection
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- 26 weeks Maternity leave at 100% pay & 4 weeks secondary leave pay (paternity) at 100% pay
- Free Gym membership & access to an on-site gym
- Social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
- Online Discount Scheme, including discounted shopping and cinema vouchers.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.