The role: PR Manager - US, Canada & Brazil
We are looking for a PR Manager, Consumer Engagement & Public Relations to join our PR department in the Isle of Man
Are you our next star player?
The PR Manager, Consumer Engagement & Public Relations (US, Canada, Brazil) will play a significant role in the Consumer Engagement, Experiential Marketing & Public Relations team in developing and actioning consumer engagement, public relations and communications activities. From global entertainment campaigns, to localised activations, this role will leverage insights, agencies and research to devise creative strategies that bring the brands to life and engage a variety of audiences. This person is innovative and a storyteller who seeks out and digs into opportunities with the goal of creating activities and pitching stories that entertain and excite. This person will be instrumental in the representation of the poker, casino and sports brands to media, with a specific focus on the business in the US, Canada and Brazilian markets.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned. This role will offer the opportunity to travel and work at our live events and to assist with partnership activations in global locations.
Why we need you
You will be responsible for developing and executing activities and events to support business objectives and brand activity, while driving product awareness across poker, sports, casino and beyond. Furthermore, you will help to define product PR strategy and tactics in line with company and team goals.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop relevant and compelling news stories.
- Act as team representative on relevant projects and squad calls to support the US, Canada and Brazilian activities, and collaborate with teams in the development and execution of PR & Consumer engagement plans.
- Create and review reports on international consumer engagement and communications activities and monitor news coverage while working with other channel owners to track against KPIs
- Use findings and department insights to help inform future activations and approaches.
- Draft and review press releases and other communications, including briefings and media materials.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external PR agencies to recommend narratives, and ensure messaging and timings are aligned to business and team goals.
- Support the Senior Manager and Director as a lead team member.
- Develop and foster professional relationships with relevant media outlets and influencers.
- Manage PR Associate in the fulfilment of their role
W ho we’re looking for
- 5+ years’ experience in Public Relations/Communications/Consumer Engagement and/or similar role
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
- Knowledge of and experience working with brand activations, public relations, media relations, influencers and event management
- Strong people skills
- Excellent writing ability and editing skills
- Experience working with marketing and PR departments
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with a variety of internal departments, agencies, freelancers, and press.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to jump into projects at any given time, with the capability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Flexibility to travel and work unusual hours as needed
- High attention to detail and to current trends
- Willingness to question the ‘why’ and understand insights and learnings when creating new plans and ideas
- Able to prioritise and work within tight time frames in order to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with online poker software and promotions
- Experience working with media and/or celebrities
- Live event experience
- Experience in activating partnerships and managing third parties
- Customer service orientation with passion for stellar service delivery
- Experience with report analysis and ability to give recommendations based on results of various activities and reports
- Interest in gaming and/or previous experience in poker and sports.
- Ability to track and manage budget
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 30 days paid leave
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and income protection
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- 26 weeks Maternity leave at 100% pay & 4 weeks secondary leave pay (paternity) at 100% pay
- Discounted gym membership
- Free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- A subsidised canteen which offers hot and cold options for breakfast and lunch
- Social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.