We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to join our Platform Automation & Operations Technology team in Leeds or Dublin.
The Customer function at PokerStars exists to transform customer experiences. We believe the best way to achieve this is through a customer centric, hypothesis led, data driven, outcome focused approach, where there is a risk tolerance for failure. The Customer function plays a critical role in the performance of the PokerStars business, and Flutter International more broadly
Are you our next star player?
Reporting into the Head of Platform Automation & Operations Technology, the Principal Product Manager is a key role within the Platform Automation & Operations Technology function and the organisation at large. As a Principle Product Manager, you will directly address what OpTech capabilities Flutter International should target in order to deliver against our strategy and player expectations of the future.
You will maintain an end state vision for our platform, informed by a deep understanding of our internal capabilities, a considered view of our current challenges and ambitions, and a thoughtful perspective on key industry and technology trends in Customer Servicing & Operational Technology. In the end state vision for our platform each service should have a clear role to play contributing specific capabilities. You will work closely with Technology to drive an API-led mentality ensuring solutions abstract complexity down to the lowest level possible, reducing time to market for new customer experiences offsite and onsite and greater autonomy for front end development teams.
To help deliver on the end state vision, you will work alongside Product Managers, Product Owners and Technology peers and also get support from cross functional teams including data scientists, engineers, designers, and business partners. You will actively contribute to the divisions depth and breadth of knowledge ensuring Flutter International become leaders with vision particularly from a customer servicing & operational perspective. In the role you will master the multiple complex product and operational domains that we operate in, ensuring our platform can support the global scale of the division and the vast array of customer experiences offered by PokerStars.
You will take a leading role on big bet initiatives / programmes of work, guiding teams on governance, team mobilisation, outcome definition, prioritisation, delivery, and communication both inward and outward. You will also support junior colleagues in product and operations through the product lifecycle and product ideation processes. You will inspire a culture of growth across the customer and product function, one that encourages experimentation and curiosity as well as a constant desire to improve in any and every area.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Why we need you
As a Principal Product Manager in Operations Technology, you will help to define the product strategy and vision for the areas impacted by the OpTech Squads over the short, medium and long term in the context of outcomes which align to the overall set of Customer outcomes, and Pokerstars strategy
Products areas in scope, but are not limited to:
- Customer Assistance
- Case Work
- System Reports
- Agent Management
- Site Ops
The challenge for this role is to build out a compelling, coherent, and integrated strategy across each of these areas above. It is critical that this role actively thinks about translating customer experiences into capabilities and systems which will support all product verticals and all geographies as the nature of the OpTech product work drives our customers experience through the different customer lifecycle
You will think through how to integrate multiple channels and teams to create an epic experience for our players where they need help & internally to ensure we operate at optimal efficiency, using data and insight to enhance performance. More than most senior product manager roles, this particular role has a need for exceptionally strong technical skills in CRM Technology, data and measurement acting as an inspiring leader to ensure customer operations have the capability to deliver value back to the business.
The role requires deep collaboration with peers in product, technology, and customer operations to ensure our platform and capabilities are fit for purpose. In particular this role will require strong partner engagement with the customer operations teams and data technology teams and knit across various parts of the business such as Customer & Product, Commercial & Legal/Risk teams.
Key accountabilities include
- Define a clear vision for the Operations Technology platform with a focus on Customer Management.
- Build out best in class digital and operational capabilities, crafting a near-term product roadmap that aligns with the broader strategy for customer platforms and company goals
- Ensure the platform is architected to support our Operational strategy & way of working, facilitating rapid deployments of customer experiences
- Ensure the platform is scalable with the capability to support our operational key results & targets
- Work with technology to define and analyse metrics for the operations technology platform, driving initiatives which will contribute to the company’s long-term vision, whilst delivering value for our users today
- Define and own partnerships of 3rd Party Product Roadmap where appropriate
- Effectively communicate strategic rationale of roadmap to more junior team members
- Describe complicated and/or interrelated functionality determining the right order for epics & goals
- Understand technical and design trade-offs, work with teams to find creative solutions that strike the right balance between speed and quality
- Assess the quality of a release and make decisions on whether it meets the bar for customers
- Formulate the right questions that should be asked, and track down data that can inform a decision for strategic and roadmap decisions
- Connect project-level outcomes to metrics that drive your product area, and that is meaningful outcomes for the business
- Foster a close relationship with Customer Operations and users of the product, using feedback from multiple sources to help prioritise roadmap decisions
- Clearly articulate to peers why the work is important to the company. Identify when you are hitting the point of diminishing returns and can make the case to slow/stop investment
- Identify partners to consult with, not only that you can predict their feedback and make sure you have a plan to address it before reaching out. Seek to find product solutions that strike the right balance of partner needs.
- Seek opportunities to provide support and advice to more junior members of the team, helping them to more effectively deliver on project goals. Seek out informal opportunities to mentor more junior members of your team, helping to guide the project execution
- Work with your manager to put together a concrete, practical career development roadmap
Who we’re looking for
- Customer centric: Empathy for the user and a passion for building customer-centric products
- Openly curious: Willing to question preconceptions and bring new ideas
- Outcome focused: achieves outcomes that drives both customer behaviour and performance with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Data driven: led by the appropriate use of data to get to insight and drive decision making
- Decision quality: makes quality, long and short-term decisions considering various inputs
- Collaborates: is a standout colleague - works with others across the organisation to get things done
- Bias to action, ownership, and an honest and blame free approach to problem solving
- Work with the Platform Automation & Operations Technology LT to contribute to overarching technology strategy choices
- Challenge and influence technology and standard methodology decisions throughout customer experience
- Ensure the team understands the impact of broader Technology choices and trade-offs
- Work with partners and 3rd parties to prioritise enhancement and optimisation opportunities
- Understands product evolution in the sector
- Contribute to the definition of the Customer Strategy of which customer OpTech is a critical part
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- At least 7 years’ experience as a senior leader of a large product organisation in a complex company
- Have had multiple roles being directly responsible for the creation of customer-facing products with large teams under your leadership, consisting of designers, product, project managers, technology
- Familiar with, and a practitioner of modern approaches to product development methodologies
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to prioritise and translate into practical outcomes and key results
- Excellent numeracy and analytical abilities
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- Excellent interpersonal and partner management skills
- It is desirable that the candidate has prior experience within Customer Management transformation involving CRM solutions such as Salesforce, Pega etc
- Its desirable but not critical that the candidate has had some prior experience using Intelligent Automation technologies such as Robotic Process Automation, Natural Language Processing, Conversational AI, Machine Learning etc
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to have a lead role of in the Platform Automation & Operations Technology function
- Exposure to senior partners across the business including the Flutter International executive team
- Responsibility to lead a team of high calibre individuals, across different global locations
- Exposure to and influence over, many aspects across PokerStars including: product engineering, data products, vertical products of poker, casino and sports, content, promotions, customer operations
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 30 days paid leave
- Health and dental insurance for you, and 50% coverage for your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and income protection
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- 26 weeks Maternity leave at 100% pay & 4 weeks secondary leave pay (paternity) at 100% pay
- Free Gym membership & access to an on-site gym
- Social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
- Online Discount Scheme, including discounted shopping and cinema vouchers.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.