The role: Head of Strategy and Optimization
Are you our next star?
The Head of Strategy & Optimization is a senior role with dual accountability in Flutter International. Firstly, this role will be accountable for establishing a capability to shape and facilitate the implementation of our Flutter International Technology Strategy. Secondly, this role will be tasked with building a capability to provide thought leadership and guidance on the best practise change management. This will include design and integration of change fundamentals into the delivery in Flutter International. This role will work with the Director of Strategy & Delivery to mobilize, set direction and operationalize the long-term value proposition for the team. This position requires an excellent communicator with structured thinking and strong interpersonal skills who can effectively engage a diverse and senior set of stakeholders across PokerStars, Flutter International and the wider Group. The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Strategy & Delivery and will play a key role in delivering on the over all mission of the Strategy & Delivery Team.
Why we need you:
• Provide thought leadership on strategic initiatives across PokerStars and Flutter International
• Partner with and align stakeholders on strategic direction for how we leverage our winning technology assets to power business performance.
• Create and deliver a strategy to build ‘change’ as a capability for the Flutter International Technology function.
• Build a small team that can:
- Provide trusted, objective guidance and recommendations on critical decisions.
- Own analysis and shape end to end complex solutions through leading workshops, interviews, process descriptions and other methodologies as required.
- Enable the successful integration of ‘change fundamentals’ into the delivery process.
- Partner with delivery leadership and the Director of Strategy & Delivery to develop strategic success factors for major strategic initiatives and provide direction on how to achieve those success factors
• Develop strong relationships with senior stakeholders within PokerStars, Flutter International and across Group
• Support the Director of Strategy & Delivery to evolve and deliver on the overall mission of the Strategy & Delivery Team
Be able to:
• Articulate a vision for the team in a way that engages stakeholders and motivates team members.
• Build and own relationships with senior stakeholders across International to continually assess and understand opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the team
• Communicate brilliantly the value proposition and impact of the team
• Attract, select and support the development of high calibre talent in the team.
Who you are:
• Proven track record of effectively operating in a senior role - building and leading a best-in-class team across
locations and geographies
• Proven ability to provide thought leadership and shape strategy at a Brand or Divisional Level
• Extensive and demonstrable experience of creating and successfully delivering effective long-term change strategies and communication plans.
• Proven ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders at senior levels throughout a global organization
• Structured thinking and a clear ability to effectively shape senior stakeholder’s decision making
• Excellent communication, culturally aware and with strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong analysis, problem resolution, judgment and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated ability to be objective, analytical and impartial with the ability to work to exacting timeline
Core competencies :
Interpersonal: Building Relationships
• Building Support; Establish close relationships with our stakeholders, underpinned by trust, integrity and respect. Able to build awareness, understanding and positive momentum behind the PokerStars and International technology strategy, sometimes without being in a position to assert authority.
• Objective; Be impartial and unbiased, ensuring equal treatment for all and that decisions taken are based on objective criteria.
Outcome-focused: Achieving Results
• Collaborative; Work effectively and in partnership with our stakeholders on shared goals that align towards the achievement of the technology strategy. Foster a collaborative environment and assume the role of leader when required.
• Adaptable; Understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue and are able to adapt our approach in order to achieve a successful outcome.
Strategic: Planning for the future
• Strategic Communication; Proactive and considered in approach to stakeholder communications. Actively listen, provide constructive feedback and help others to consider new perspectives.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
Discretionary annual performance bonus
30 days paid leave
Health and dental insurance for you, and 50% coverage for your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
Personal life insurance and income protection
The option to join our company pension scheme
External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career
Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
26 weeks Maternity leave at 100% pay & 4 weeks secondary leave pay (paternity) at 100% pay
Free Gym membership & access to an on-site gym
Social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
Online Discount Scheme, including discounted shopping and cinema vouchers.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming, and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible, and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Find your passion with PokerStars!