As the Head of Portfolio & Delivery in the Flutter International Platform Technology team you will be accountable for creating and maintaining a portfolio view of our teams and driving delivery standard process at programme, project, and squad level. You will work closely with the Flutter International Portfolio and Programme Delivery teams to help us succeed in delivering key critical initiatives and programmes of work that span across the brands and functional areas within Flutter International. These may range from organisational change, security, compliance, regulatory, technology strategy and customer value generating initiatives. You’ll act as a facilitator and coordinator to help bring together the different delivery capabilities and activities in the Platform Technology team and the wider Flutter International delivery function. You’ll help shape our change and transformation programmes and deliver on our goals.
Are you our next star player?
The role reports to the Managing Director of Platform Technology with a dotted line to the Flutter International Director of Strategy and Delivery. You will act as the main delivery representative of, and advocate for Platform Technology initiatives within the division and in group forums.
Why we need you
You will lead a team consisting of community embedded delivery functions, and matrix roles from the central Portfolio & Programme team. Outstanding leadership, communication and influencing skills will ensure that you are seen as a role model and able to influence teams with your knowledge and experience of sophisticated portfolio management, programme and agile ways of working.
The expectation is that this person will be collaborating closely with C suite partners and other senior people both within the business and with third parties. Someone with the ability to bring together the detail of how programmes are going and produce informative and concise reporting that partners trust and value. It will be your role to ensure we have visibility across our tribes to understand the progress of initiatives, current and future capacity, and crystal clear priorities. You drive the pace of delivery across the teams, whilst respecting and encouraging their agile cultures and ways of working. To do this, you will have to adapt different approaches and not take a one size fits all view.
You will engage with divisional functions and divisions to support the Platform Technology team with triaging initiatives, you’ll be a default point-of-contact for external demand able to act as conduit to different parts of the organisation or facilitating the processes to ensure that the right people are available to take the initiative forward. You’ll work with others to help ensure that the appropriate priority and delivery approach for different initiatives are understood and well communicated.
This role requires regular travel to the locations where our teams are situated, and other locations as required for specific events.
Who we’re looking for
- You will have deep expertise from related roles within a large, fast paced online digital business, and will have significant experience of lean, agile, and more traditional portfolio management & delivery methodologies. You’ll need to be a strong individual contributor, skilled in matrix delivery models.
- Leadership skills will ensure that you are seen as a role model and able to influence teams with your knowledge and experience of portfolio management, delivery and agile ways of working, particularly scaled agile methodologies.
- Approachability, open-mindedness, and an ability to work well with people at all levels of the business is at the heart of how we work.
- Be outcome focused with the ability to determine what contributes and what does not. Have a good sense of when to change or persevere and know when to bring up or guide teams through issues.
- You will be able to focus and empower the delivery teams to work at pace with quality and target time at the forefront of their thinking.
- You will be a strong relationship builder with key team members across the business and an ability to get things done outside your immediate structure.
- You will be equally adept at managing delivery via third parties using agile and more traditional delivery methodologies.
- You will have the ability to understand and operate manage multi-million-pound budgets, the finance cycle and be experienced in commercial contract negotiation.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- You will coordinate and facilitate collaboration across the delivery teams for Platform Technology giving them the tools, guidance & support to enable effective delivery and contribute to the divisional product delivery and portfolio management frameworks to help us deliver large scale programmes and initiatives.
- You’ll act as a facilitator and coordinator to help bring together the different delivery capabilities and activities in Platform Technology to help create a culture of data driven continuous improvement. You’ll help shape our change and transformation programme and deliver on our goal of making technology a key source of business success.
- Develop working relationships with the leaders of our transformation efforts. Identify and support initiatives as required to support the goals of the division.
- You will build relationships across the teams in Platform Technology and the other divisional functions to ensure you are working in a collaborative way to drive cross tribe delivery
- Support Platform Technology with triaging initiatives, acting as a ‘front door’ and facilitating the process to ensure that the right people are available to take it forward and the appropriate priority and delivery approach for different initiatives are understood and well communicated.
- Support mobilisation & delivery of business wide initiatives or programmes across Platform Technology.
- Provide thought and practice leadership to the delivery functions in each of the Platform Technology Team.
- Play an integral role in the setup of cross-divisional initiatives, ensuring dependencies are captured, aligned, committed & effectively managed.
- Be a key partner concern point for blockers and issues on divisional initiatives
- Provide appropriate updates & reports on the external demand to the key partners, brand’s and Flutter International’s leadership teams, and the wider Flutter group.
- Gain consensus & build strong relationship across senior partners with visibility and alignment to progress & status being key.
- Work alongside and build great relationships with technology, product, compliance, marketing and other teams and functions across the group.
- Feed into resource & capacity planning across teams and the programmes/initiatives you are helping drive.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are daring.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 30 days paid leave
- Health and dental insurance for you, and 50% coverage for your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and income protection
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- 26 weeks primary carer leave, and 4 weeks secondary carer leave
- Free Gym membership & access to an on-site gym
- Social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
- Online Discount Scheme, including discounted shopping and cinema vouchers.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together outstanding brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately balanced way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.