The role: Associate Director of Delivery
Are you our next star player?
The Associate Director of Delivery is a senior role in Flutter International. This role will shape and drive delivery best practices across PokerStars Technology to empower delivery teams to execute effectively on a broad and complex suite of strategic initiatives.
Within this, the role has 3 primary areas of focus:
Firstly, this role will lead and continuously optimize an established central team consisting of PMO, Program Management and Project Management. This central team leads delivery of key strategic initiatives and programs of work that span across the functional areas and brands within Flutter International.
Secondly, this role will establish and embed a set of delivery standards, methodologies and best practices that can be adopted across the different domains and delivery practices in Technology. This role will keep delivery leadership across PokerStars connected to share best practices and learnings.
Thirdly, this role will have accountability for providing on-going assurance for delivery. This will include establishing frameworks for assessment, completing health checks on major initiatives against these frameworks and sharing insight across the group.
This position requires a someone with a track record of success in a dynamic, global organization. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with structured thinking and strong interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Director of Strategy & Delivery and will play a key role in delivering on the overall mission of the Strategy & Delivery Team.
Why we need you:
• Own definition and implementation of appropriate delivery methodologies, processes and forums to empower how we deliver epic player experiences for our customers across Flutter International.
• Lead a senior central program management team who have accountability for delivering a broad suite of complex cross-domain transformation initiatives.
• Lead an established, senior central team consisting of PMO office and cross-tribe project management.
• Assure the health of major transformation initiatives. Identify gaps and areas for optimization.
• Establish a delivery leadership community to share knowledge, insight and learnings across PokerStars and Flutter International • Provide clear, consistent and impactful insight, reporting and communications that can be consumed by all levels of the organization.
• Provide trusted, objective guidance and recommendations on critical decisions.
• Partner with delivery leadership and Senior the Director of Strategy & Delivery to develop strategic success factors for major strategic initiatives and provide direction on how to achieve those success factors.
• Develop strong relationships with senior stakeholders within PokerStars, Flutter International and across Group
• Support the Senior Director of Strategy & Delivery to evolve and deliver on the overall mission of the Strategy & Delivery Team
Be able to:
• Articulate a vision for the team in a way that engages stakeholders and motivates team members.
• Build and own relationships with senior stakeholders across International to continually assess and understand opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the team
• Communicate brilliantly the value proposition and impact of the team
• effective communication of the value delivered through the portfolio managed by the team
• Attract, select and support the development of high calibre talent in the team.
Scope / Scale of the Role:
This role will have direct line management responsibility for (to be confirmed):
• Head of PMO & Delivery
• Program Management Team
Who you are:
Interpersonal: Building Relationships
• Building Support; Establish close relationships with our stakeholders, underpinned by trust, integrity and respect. Able to build awareness, understanding and positive momentum behind the PokerStars and International technology strategy, sometimes without being in a position to assert authority.
• Objective; Be impartial and unbiased, ensuring equal treatment for all and that decisions taken are based on objective criteria.
Outcome-focused: Achieving Results
• Collaborative; Work effectively and in partnership with our stakeholders on shared goals that align towards the achievement of the technology strategy. Foster a collaborative environment and assume the role of leader when required.
• Adaptable; Understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue and are able to adapt our approach in order to achieve a successful outcome.
Strategic: Planning for the future
• Strategic Communication; Proactive and considered in approach to stakeholder communications. Actively listen, provide constructive feedback and help others to consider new perspectives.
• Proven track record of effectively operating in a senior role - building and leading a best-in-class team across locations and geographies
• Extensive and demonstrable experience of successfully establishing, embedding and optimizing delivery best practice at scale in a global, digital environment.
• Proven ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders at senior levels throughout a global organization
• Structured thinking and a clear ability to effectively shape senior stakeholder’s decision making
• Excellent communication, culturally aware and with strong interpersonal skills. • Strong analysis, problem resolution, judgment and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated ability to be objective, analytical and impartial with the ability to work to exacting timelines
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
Discretionary annual performance bonus
30 days paid leave
Health and dental insurance for you, and 50% coverage for your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
Personal life insurance and income protection
The option to join our company pension scheme
External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career
Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
26 weeks Maternity leave at 100% pay & 4 weeks secondary leave pay (paternity) at 100% pay
Free Gym membership & access to an on-site gym
Social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
Online Discount Scheme, including discounted shopping and cinema vouchers.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming, and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible, and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Find your passion with PokerStars!