The role: Data Product Manager
We are looking for a Data Product Manager to join our dynamic and innovative Data & Analytics tribe in either our London or Leeds office on an 18-month fixed term contract. You will lead our Data Visualisation capabilities. You will report directly to the Head of Product Data.
This role can be performed from the office or home, and it will be up to you and your manager to decide working practices. We do believe some face-to-face communication is crucial, and thus this role is not fully remote.
Are you our next star player?
You will be a crucial team member, helping to direct and drive data teams, capabilities, roadmaps, solutions, and ultimately value for our partners.
You will be joining at a time of significant change for the Data & Analytics tribe, as we adopt new ways of working (Agile Scrum) and build our next-gen data platform (AWS). We need excellent product competency within the team to deliver PokerStars business objectives and data ambitions.
Why we need you?
Data is at the core of our business. We use data to provide our customers with an EPIC player experience. We have teams of data engineers, machine learning engineers, data scientists, product analysts, etc., and we need you to motivate and guide them with a compelling vision and plan.
You will have responsibilities in Enterprise BI and Product Analytics teams.
- Own, lead and deliver a vision and roadmap for our Data Visualisation capabilities
- Take a leading role in increasing effective data-driven decision making
- Deliver capability enhancements via thoughtful, frequent engagement with your users
- Become an SME on Enterprise BI and Product Analytics and their respective benefits
- Demo capabilities and their potential to users regularly. Create highly educated user base
- Build and maintain strong and fruitful relationships with a diverse group of partners
- Be hands-on. Know product features inside / out, and perform collaborative analysis
- Maintain product documentation, ensuring assets are understood and used purposefully
- Be a key point-of-contact with vendors. Effective comms and working relations
Who we’re looking for?
- You have 3+years working as a Product Owner or Product Manager
- You have several years’ experience working on data products, projects, and capabilities
- You have experience with BI tools e.g. MicroStrategy, Power BI, Looker, etc.
- You have experience with product analytics tools e.g. Indicative, GA, Mixpanel, etc.
- You are an effective data storyteller. You know how to deliver practical insight
- You are a self-starter. You are proactive, energetic, and motivated to contribute
- You can successfully manage a large, and diverse set of partners
- You have a delivery attitude, and a laser focus on landing results
- You are confident in delivering workshops, group training and broad user support
The ideal candidate will also have
- Recognised Product certifications
- Experience working in agile environment and championing agile practices
- Experience of working in the gambling industry
- Experience of cloud-based data technologies
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 30 days paid leave
- Health and dental insurance for you, and 50% coverage for your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and income protection
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- 26 weeks primary carer leave, and 4 weeks secondary carer leave
- Free Gym membership & access to an on-site gym
- Social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
- Online Discount Scheme, including discounted shopping and cinema vouchers.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law. We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.