The Role: Software Engineer
Core Gaming are part of Flutter Studios, Flutter Studios is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
What you will do
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer brimming with creative energy to join an established, multi-disciplined team providing game design, development and integration for the highest profile online casinos, brand owners and games software providers in the world. One of our best kept secrets, our Solihull technology hub is a bustling hive of passion and innovation, home to a phenomenal team who have developed a cutting edge framework designed to keep us at the forefront of gaming development technology for many years to come.
You should be comfortable and confident developing games against complex product specifications and integrating to sophisticated APIs. Knowledge of connection protocols for game engine software platforms using XML & JSON is required.
Candidates with experience of commercial development for mobile devices and knowledge of device specific coding requirements and limitations would be at a distinct advantage.
A ‘can do’ attitude is required as is the ability to work closely as part of a team.
How you'll do it
- Study requirement specifications and design coding structures as necessary.
- Self-test, debugging, evaluation and maintenance of code produced.
- Provide ongoing support and enhancements in existing software.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other members of the team to ensure the quality of games.
- Experience developing games, i.e. audio visually rich content with detailed/complex animations and player controls.
- Excellent understanding of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Professional programming experience with an object oriented programming language.
- Solid experience of using programming frameworks and code libraries.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Methodical approach to design, development and testing.
- Good understanding of XML and JSON.
- Excellent debugging skills using Chrome developer tools and mobile remote debugging tools.
- Good understanding of Git and GitHub.
- Good understanding of image formats.
- Good communication skills.
- Positive and self-motivated.
- Familiarity with ES2015+ standard and understanding of promises and async/await is advantageous.
- Knowledge of three.js, pixi.js, node.js, XHR, code reviews and mobile operating systems would be advantageous.
- Experience with gambling industry (professional or otherwise).
- Experience with developing gambling games.
- Experience with Docker.
About Core Gaming
Utilising our vast industry knowledge and ability in multiple platform integration and deployment, we have created an efficient, flexible, and adaptable framework designed to keep us at the forefront of gaming development technology for many years to come.
CORE proprietary slot, table and instant win content has always been in huge demand with the major operators in the UK and internationally.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 30 days paid leave.
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and income protection
- The option to join our company pension scheme.
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby.
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career.
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us.
- 26 weeks primary carer leave, and 4 weeks secondary carer leave.
- Online Discount Scheme
About the Group
Flutter Entertainment Plc is a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.