The role: Finance Manager
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join the team based in our Isle of Man or Dublin office.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission aligned. In our Dublin office, all employees are required to attend the office 2 days per week.
Are you our next star player?
In light of our upcoming listing on a US Stock Exchange, we are looking to expand our finance team to help continue to grow and support the International Division of the Flutter Entertainment group and allow the team to take on new challenges.
Being a listed public company (currently FTSE and ISEQ) can be challenging. That’s why our Finance team holds itself at the cutting edge of all the major functional disciplines, never standing still and continually innovating. Our teams are actively engaged in a diverse range of activities which include; Financial Reporting, Group Accounting, Management Accounting, FP&A, Treasury, Transaction Processing, Financial Systems & Projects, Commercial Finance & Business Partnering, Corporate Development and Investor Relations.
Imagine how being part of such a diverse yet agile team could provide you with unique opportunities to build out your skill set, and to do so all within the same organisation!
Our largest finance teams are located in Dublin, London and the Isle of Man, with distinct Finance teams supporting our main businesses and operating units located across three continents in the US, Europe, and Australia. This in itself creates the opportunity to move geographically within the Group or to get involved in cross-location and international assignments.
Learning is at the core of our culture. No matter how experienced you may be, our Finance team can offer you a rich environment for growth and development with an opportunity to learn from some of the best people in their fields. We support all the major accountancy bodies; ACA, ACCA, CIMA, and have successfully supported many students through their professional training qualifications. We also offer a rich curriculum of in-house and external learning which covers technical competencies and a broad range of ‘softer’ skills, such as personal impact, negotiation tactics, and building-resilience, to name just a few. This carefully crafted combination helps to create well rounded skill-sets within our team – creating the Finance professional demanded for today and for tomorrow.
Underpinned by state-of-the-art technology, for which we were the architects, engineers and implementation team, we continually drive operational improvements and efficiencies in everything we deliver - if you enjoy setting new standards in Finance then you’ve come to the right place.
Join us and become part of a highly experienced and highly driven Finance community, with big ambition and bigger influence, operating at pace within the largest Gaming Group in the world.
Why we need you:
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager you will be responsible for accounting and reporting for the International Division of the Flutter Group. The successful candidate will be heavily involved in working with the finance business partnering team in the creation of month end accounts for our business units in addition to their responsibilities for external financial reporting obligations. In addition to this, the successful candidate will be involved in the implementation of enhanced processes and controls in line with the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX), to support our US listing.
- Take primary responsibility for the reliability and integrity of the underlying financial information:
- Close month end processes within required timelines for assigned channels including the preparation of general ledger entries
- Standardise and automate where possible to improve month end timelines
- Review all significant variances within areas of responsibility for investigation and escalation as necessary
- Prepare the financial packs for assigned departments to a high level of analysis with relevant commentary on variances
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations within set deadlines.
- Maintain and document compliance with internal control requirements
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and annual Group reporting packs and subsidiary financial statements.
- Oversee the maintenance and improvement of internal controls.
- Other ad-hoc projects including support on the onboarding of further entities as the Division pursues inorganic growth opportunities.
- Take responsibility for the preparation and review of Group reporting packs / annual financial statements for certain Group companies.
- Preparation of technical accounting memos and controls documentation
- Assist with audit planning and preparation including the interacting with both internal and external auditors
- Perform specific ad-hoc reviews and other tasks as required.
Who are we looking for:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Extensive post qualification experience in IFRS/US GAAP financial reporting for Group companies
- People management experience
- Strong academic credentials (e.g. honours degree) and experience operating in a similar environment
- An ability to deliver high quality work under pressure of tight reporting deadlines.
- Good team player but should be able to work independently.
- Excellent time management and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A driven, energetic and proactive individual who has a desire for continuous improvement and advancement.
- Experience working in a SOX regulated environment or highly regulated industry.
- US GAAP accounting experience
- Experience preparing technical accounting memos
- Prior knowledge of Oracle accounting packages.
- Experience working in the finance department of a multinational environment.
- Experience in the gaming industry and gaming systems.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- 30 days paid leave
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and income protection
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 (EUR/GBP) for your new addition whilst working for us
- 26 weeks primary carer leave at 100% pay & 4 weeks secondary leave pay at 100% pay
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!